EXTERNAL PRIVACY NOTICE FOR MTG
Thank you for your application to MTG (Viaplay)
MTG takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and is required to notify you of the information it collects, how it collects it, how it is used in connection with your application and how long it is retained for.
Type of personal information collected. MTG will collect and use information about your application which may include a CV and/or covering letter. It may also require you to provide qualifications or test results. If your application proceeds to an offer of employment, MTG may require additional information from you, for example right to work documents, references from third parties and background check if required for the role.
How is the information collected? Information will either be collected directly from you or third parties as set out above.
How will the information be used? The information will be used to consider whether you have the skills necessary to carry out the role. It may also be used to check that there are no legal obstacles to you undertaking the role. Initially the information will be considered by those assessing applications for the role. It will then be provided to those who are interviewing to determine your application and the terms upon which an offer may be made to you. Where third parties are required to assist MTG, MTG will ensure that any third party has appropriate security measures in place to protect your information in line with MTG's own policies.
How long will MTG retain the information for? If you are unsuccessful in your application for a role then MTG will only retain the personal information it has collated in connection with your application to 6 months after your application has been considered to enable you to ask any questions in relation to the application process or raise any concerns. Following the interview, MTG will collate all information connected to the application centrally. If your application is successful, the information collected as part of the recruitment process will move on to your personnel file which will retained whilst you are working for MTG and for up to six years after the termination of your working relationship with us.
Your rights. We understand that you may at times need further information from us regarding your personal data or that you may wish to update or correct the personal data you have provided us with. In light hereof, you have inter alia the following rights:
• Right to access your personal data: you have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and information.
• Right to rectification of personal data: if you find that personal data that we process about you is inaccurate, you have the right to have us correct such personal data.
• Right to erasure of personal data (right to be forgotten): under certain circumstances, such as if your personal data has been unlawfully processed or you have withdrawn your consent (if the processing of your personal data is based on consent), you have the right to request and obtain erasure of your personal data from us.
• Right to restriction of processing: under certain circumstances, such as if you question the accuracy of your personal data or you have objected to our legitimate purpose to process your personal data, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data until a solution has been found.
• Right to object to processing: under certain circumstances, such as if you question the accuracy of your personal data, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to such processing.
• Right to data portability: if your personal data is processed by automated means based on your consent or for the fulfilment of our contractual relationship, you have the right to request that we provide you with your with personal data on a machine-readable format for transmission to another data controller.
• Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data with your supervisory authority; Dataskyddsinspektionen.
If you have any questions or to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at DSAR@mtg.com